The Colorado Eagles and the Toledo Walleye squared off in Games 1 and 2 of the Western Conference Finals this weekend. The two ECHL heavyweights managed to split weekend, as Toledo took Game 1 (4-2) and Colorado stole Game 2 (4-3).
Toledo finished with the best regular-season record (51-17-2-2) and second-best home record (26-7-1-2), while Colorado just finished knocking off the two-time defending champions and posted a perfect 6-0-0-0 on the road in the 2017 Kelly Cup Playoffs before Game 1’s loss.
Former Rampage forwards Julien Nantel and Alex Belzile helped spark the offense for the Eagles this weekend, combining for three goals and three assists. Despite Belzile serving a two-game suspension during the second round of the playoffs, he still leads the 2017 Playoffs with four power-play goals, 12 goals, and 21 points in 11 contests.
With the 2-3-2 format of the Western Conference Finals, the Eagles have the opportunity to close out the series at home, after stealing home-ice advantage with their Game 2 victory. The Eagles, who are playing in their first-ever ECHL Western Conference Finals, return to the ice on Wednesday, May 17 at 8:05 p.m. CT at the Budweiser Events Center.
Remaining Western Conference Finals Schedule:
- Game 3 – Toledo at Colorado – Wednesday, May 17 at 8:05 p.m. CT
- Game 4 – Toledo at Colorado – Friday, May 19 at 8:05 p.m. CT
- Game 5 – Toledo at Colorado – Saturday, May 20 at 8:05 p.m. CT
- Game 6* – Colorado at Toledo – Monday, May 22 at 6:35 p.m. CT
- Game 7* – Colorado at Toledo – Wednesday, May 24 at 6:35 p.m. CT